Security Officer Full-time Job1 month ago - Security & Safety - Kabul - 531 views
No. Of Jobs: 1
Vacancy Number: Medair_KBL_147
Education: University graduate
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Experience: 1 year
Closing Date: 24 Dec, 2017
- Focal point and liaison for security for Medair Afghanistan and Kabul base.
- Follow staff movement (project and base) and be able to respond in real time to a security incident/situation.
- Assist in the efficient operation of the support team
- Contribute to good relationships between all departments and project sites in Medair Afghanistan
- Present information to departments as required and as in agreement with your line manager
- Report any issues or concerns to line manager immediately and accurately
Communication with Outside Organisations
- Represent Medair to outside organisations when necessary
- Attend any external meetings as requested to represent Medair and gather information to present back to the Medair support or project team
- Provide technical support, as required, to field management during context and situational assessments to help develop an understanding of the issues that can affect security (e.g. culture, ethnicity, politics, religion, economics, crime, social issues, etc.)
- Conduct or support teams in conducting, risk, threat and vulnerability assessments, as well as site assessments.
- Provide risk analysis (in line with Medair’s approach to acceptable risk) that informs and supports relevant field managers in their decision making
- Recommend mitigating measures that reduce the likelihood or impact of identified risks
- Support teams in the drafting and review of location specific security plans
- Consolidate existing and / or develop new security related standard operating procedures, ensuring and enforcing their usability by the relevant Medair team members
- Support team members with the reporting of security related incidents, including full analysis and appropriate follow-up.
- NRS Security Focal Point
- Work with field managers to build a network of useful contacts to help prevent or resolve security incidents
- Develop and regularly review the crisis management plan with the DCD, including the setting up of a Field Crisis Management Team and the conducting of occasional simulations to test crisis preparedness
- Be a member of the Field Crisis Management Team
- Regularly review documents and equipment to support crisis management, ensuring items are in line with standard procedures, up-to-date and in good working order. This includes, but is not limited to, contact information, personnel files, communication equipment, emergency supplies, safe rooms, etc.
- Attend locally and nationally convened security coordination meetings as appropriate, such as INSO, representing Medair as the security focal point for the programme
- Collate relevant security information from available sources and distribute to Medair staff as appropriate
- Provide regular security briefings, as appropriate, to the field management, other team members and visitors
- Ensure relevant security information is made available to staff in a language they understand or is explained verbally to those with limited reading ability
- Liaise as appropriate with the HQ Security Advisor for technical support
- Brief new staff and visitors on relevant security issues, providing refresher training as required
- Source and recommend relevant security training for staff in areas such as personal security, use of communication equipment, landmine awareness, first aid, etc.
- Support colleagues responsible for running the Medair base(s) (e.g. office premises, staff housing, field bases, etc.) to ensure the security of the compounds, providing training and coaching as required
- Promote and use Medair standard formats and guidelines for security management
- Review compliance of the country programme security set-up with Medair’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Security Plans, Contingency Plans and Standard Operating Procedures are kept up to date
- Ensure Kabul ‘safe rooms’ are properly equipped and regularly check all equipment and data
- Provide administration and data support to the Kabul Security Management Team (SMT)
- Oversee the Kabul Operations Room and provide cover where necessary
- Oversee the guards schedule and ensure all SOP`s are being followed
- Any other reasonable duties.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education: High school graduate/University graduatWork experience :
- 1 year working in a company, government ministry, school, or NGO
- Previous security management or military experience
- Previous experience working with NGO security
- Familiarity with security networks such as INSO.
Fluent Dari/Pashtu oral and written skills and good English oral and written skills
Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Skype etc
- Able to prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Extremely well organised
- An excellent team player and willingness to assist in Medair’s work where applicable.
Problem solving & initiative
- Able to take initiative
- Able to work independently
Honest with integrity, conscientious and dedicated works
Calm in a crisis
Able to clearly communicate
Willingness to listen
- Networking skills
- Able to build trust and enforce procedures
- Able to motivate & encourage staff
Interested applicants should forward their CV and motivation letter in English, including their qualifications and relevant experience to perform the job by 24th December 2017. To:
firstname.lastname@example.org the email subject line should include the following: Security Officer Vacancy # Medair_KBL_147 otherwise your application will not be considered.