Senior Finance Officer Full-time Job1 month ago - Accounting - Kabul - 359 views
No. Of Jobs: 1
Vacancy Number: 2016-0074
Education: Master Degree in Finance/ ACCA is preferred
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
Experience: 5 years
Closing Date: 13 Dec, 2017
- Work closely with the Head of Administrative Unit (HAU) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to identify the overall requirements and develop standard policies, procedures, and documents related to the Financial Management (FM) at HUB Television and Radio.
- Develop standard forms, annexes and documents in accordance with the financial management rules, policies and procedures.
- Develop hard and soft-copy filing systems for the overall financial management at HUB T/R.
- Responsible for the overall financial management related issues of the HUB T/R.
- This includes analysis of financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Prepare monthly and yearly budgets, monitor expenditure against the approved allotments; prepare budget revisions as and when required.
- Prepare indicators and criteria for financial viability for operations and programmatic expenditures, feasibility, profitability studies, accountability, analysis of financial systems, etc.
- Identify record, classify and summarize financial transactions in the books of accounts; prepare and provide financial reporting to the Senior Management Body.
- certify the process and arrange the payment of funds to vendors and local subcontractors as per the signed agreements;
- certify the timesheets and transfer salaries of the staff in a timely and transparent manner.
- Operate and control bank accounts in accordance with the HUB T/R’s financial rules and regulations and the local banking practices.
- Control petty cash funds and conduct disbursement recording, accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of financial and accounting records, month-end financial reports and cash/bank reconciliation statements.
- Reconcile the project financial records with the quarterly/annual reports.
- Prepare various financial statements to the Senior Management Body on a timely basis and whenever required.
- Train and supervise Finance Officers/Assistants on the processes, procedures and reporting financial transactions.
- Undertake regular missions to the Field Offices for supervision of the financial and accounting records and to provide training and support;
- review systems and procedures for compliance with rules and regulations and prepare report and recommendations.
- Provide financial management support to the Field Offices where and whenever required.
- Plan monthly, quarterly and yearly cash flow forecasts on the program and operations.
- Clear all taxes and work with the Ministry of Finance in order to ensure that all taxes are withheld and transferred to relevant account(s).
- Participate in the Senior Management Meetings and provide updates on the financial status of the organization.
- Conduct training activities for capacity building of staff.
- Perform any other duties delegated by supervisor/senior staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary – and working knowledge of the QuickBooks is an asset.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and English language skills
- Should be aware of international and national operational trends in the relevant field.
Should have the ability to supervise Finance Officer(s) and Associate(s) in their day-to-day works
Please send your CV and cover letter only electronically. In the email subject, please specify “Senior Finance Officer, 2016-0074– Kabul, Afghanistan”.
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 13, 2017, close of business.
Please note that applications received after the closing date December 13, 2017, will not be given consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for the interview and test (if any).
HUB Television and Sheba Radio were founded in the beginning of 2016. The group emerged at times when media outlets have become viable means of outreach in Afghanistan broadcasting and reflecting day-to-day issues on social, political, cultural, recreational, historical, literary and educational arenas.